If you have questions about this topic or you need assistance in dealing with it, please feel free to contact us or call us at 1300-730-986 anytime, our 24/7 support team will be glad to assist you.
Simple Business systems that work form the best starting point for any business that is likely to succeed with the help of business strategy consulting companies like us. Good Systems run the business, simple systems ¬†that can be run by ordinary people to achieve consistent Quality, on-time at the right price lead to small business success.
If you get the systems right when the business is small, chances are the business¬†will continue to work even when the business grows. You have probably heard of the KISS principle, often quoted as “Keep it Simple Stupid”. Personally we prefer the following: “Keep it Simple and Sane”
“A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. The inverse proposition also appears to be true: a complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be made to work. You have to start over, beginning with a simple system.” John Gall, Systems Theorist
Arguably, that is probably one of the most complex statements about simple systems we have ever read, so lets break it down to make it easier to understand.
There are 3 important principles:
- Big systems that work, take MacDonald’s for example, originated from small simple systems that worked in the first place they launched. (after a lot of trial and error, blood sweat and tears.)
- If a business model is too complex it probably won’t work, and making it bigger just makes the problems bigger. This always ends in tears.
- Get the fundamentals right in the first instance before even thinking about growing the business. Growing something that doesn’t work just ends up multiplying problems.
The simple systems used by many large successful franchises din’t just happen by chance. They came about by relentless persistence and trial and error. You have to try many things in business in order to find what works. That involves failing many times. That take a lot of¬†perseverance and tenacity.
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm”
Winston Churchill once wrote a long letter to his wife. In it he apologized to her for not writing a short letter, because he did not have the time to do so. We love that story, because simplicity (the short letter) normally only results from having started with complexity. (the long¬†letter.)
- Successful business, both large and small require simple business systems that work.
- Simple business systems that work consistently produce Quality products or services, Delivered on-time at the Right Price.
- Getting to simple starts with the complex and whittles it down to the simple things that get results.
- The battle to achieve success is not for the feint of heart. It takes courage, patience, perseverance¬†and a very thick skin to achieve business success.
If you would like to discuss how simplifying your business systems can result in trouble free growth and personal freedom, call Christopher on 1300 730 986
Contact us now or call us at 1300-730-986 to schedule a free consultation..